Subject: Re: [U-Boot, 5/6] net: gmac_rockchip: Use the proerty of "clock_in_out" to set mac clock
From: "David.Wu" <[email-masked]>
To: Philipp Tomsich <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 张睛<[email-masked]>, Kever Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:10:53 +0800

Hi Philipp,

在 2017/10/6 18:17, Philipp Tomsich 写道:
>> +    if (pdata->clk_in) {
>> +        /*
>> +         * Since mac_clk is fed by an external clock
>> +         * we can use 0 here.
>> +         */
>> +        ret = clk_set_rate(&clk, 0);
> 
> In hindsight using '0' was a bad decision.
> We should always request the expected external clock rate here (so the 
> clock driver could do some sanity checking).

We need to tell CLK driver to configure internal or external register, 
so do you think we're going to set this cru register directly in the 
GAMC drive, or is it similar to kernel, introducing parent, CLK driver 
through the parent to judge external or internal?